White jeans are a sign of summer; a classic that never goes out of style and a wardrobe staple with all kinds of uses, from dressed up going to a BBQ or party, to knocking around town on the weekend.
Here are my Top 10 tips to make it easy to wear white jeans this summer.
1. White jeans can be very unforgiving, and need to be made of thicker cotton than most summer trousers. If they are too thin, your skin texture or undergarments show through.
2. White jeans are shouldn’t be as tight as other jeans, for the reason above. You’ll look slimmer and trimmer if there’s room to move in them.
3. An ankle length white jean is casual and fun with ballet pumps, flat sandals or a converse style shoe. If your white jeans are full length, consider rolling them up.
4. Bright, strong colours like the neon shades that are popular right now look gorgeous and fresh when teamed with white jeans: try orange, lime yellow, or pink.
5. Neutral and natural shades are subtle yet glamorous with white jeans. Sand, khaki and stone give a nod to the safari look.
6. Slouchy knits can look chic yet cosy with white jeans during summer evenings, which even when sunny can be quite chilly here in the UK!
7. It’s easy to dress up white jeans with a fun pair of heels. Try an animal print, or bright colour. Throw on a silk or linen blazer and layered necklaces and you'll look great.
8. Go for a classic 1950’s Hollywood movie star look with a striped breton style top, St. Tropez sandals and a pair of aviator sunglasses.
9. Wear a soft pale blue chambray shirt with white ankle jeans and white Superga shoes for a casual but put-together daytime casual look.
10. A colourful patterned blouse, white jeans, big sunglasses and ankle strap sandals are great for a more smart casual look.
Lizzie Edwards is a Personal Stylist, Image Consultant and Executive Presence trainer in London, UK.